My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, March 08, 2010

good gifts

I love finding random scribblings here and there amongst notebooks, my Bible, pads of paper I never went back to writing in since the last time some profound thought came about. I first of all want to encourage you when you have revelations or thoughts to write them down - when God does a work in your heart write it down - write your journey - record it. It's always a beautiful thing to look back over where you've been, to think about where you're going and to track how you've gotten there.

Tonight I found a paper with some encouraging words I wanted to share with you my faithful blog readers:

Have you ever had a moment where you said to yourself, "this is what I thought ---" or "this is what I wanted ---" BUT GOD... "did this" or "sent me here", etc? I had a good friend tell me once that God gives good gifts even in the midst of disappointments.

It seems like we spend our lives in the crazy circle of "I ---> which leads to BUT God..." Realizing it or not - the but God part is always the best part - because it always offers us an opportunity to partake of the plan He has for us and our lives. It's a place of fullness that is sometimes painful, but after the stripping away, the real beauty can be seen.

You may have certain agendas, plans, aspirations, dreams, or even relationship that don't truly fit you - they're practically like wearing a 3x shirt when you should really wear a M or a size Small when you're shaped for a large --- BUT God loves you, so allow Him to direct you --- allow yourself to see the good gifts, the blessings even in times of seeming disappointment!

No comments: