My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

the joy of good thinking

A few wonderful quotes & thoughts I've come across in the last week that have allowed both my mind and heart to think and pursue the Lord with great joy and dependency:

1. "If God asks you to cut down a forest, your first responsibility is to sharpen your ax." -Prez

2. "I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." -Lamentations 3:24-26 NIV

3. "To be silent with another person is a deep expression of trust and confidence and it is only when we are uncomfortable that we feel compelled to talk. To be silent with another person is truly to be with that other person." - John Main

4. "Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. 4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give your your heart's desires. 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. 6 He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. 7 Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act." -Psalm 37:3-7

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have spent some time reading through your blog in the past few days and I really appreciate how authentic you are Christy. I love the way you try to recognize God in everything from a thunderstorm to a quotation.

I miss seeing you every afternoon, and hopefully we will be together again soon.