My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

the splendor of the King

Last evening I was trampsing up the hill to Prez's house for our weekly meeting. I was running a few minutes behind due to a busy day of schedules activities and a late rehersal. I was not worried or irritated in the least, simply at rest and fairly content though I was being soaked by the freezing cold January ice rain. Clad in my sweet yellow rain boots I splished and splashed through puddle galore, clinging to my bible and notepad- hoping they would survive this endeavor.

I cannot quite recall what my thoughts were the moment I began speaking with the Lord but all of a sudden the entire sky lit up with a brilliant overwhelming tear color. At first I wondered what had happened, but my spirit lept with glee and I began to giggle. "Again, oh please again" I squealed with delight - and surely enough another brilliant thunderous bolt illuminated the sky. "Wow Lord! This is SO sweet" I exclaimed (out loud- and yes I was talking to myself but that made little difference-I was completely captivated.)

Finally as I neared the top of Prez's hill, nearly at his housea final burst came forth, a brilliant aqua color. I was so blessed and thankful. I love how the Lord uses His creation to capture our attention sometimes. We get so caught up dodging the puddles of life and keeping our faces down to avoid the rain, we miss the splendor that may be found right before us.

No comments: