My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

night of worship

Last Saturday (January 30th) I had the privilege, along with my wonderful teammates (Eli, Dan, Andrew, Kaylie & Shane) of leading worship at the University of Maine at Presque Isle: UMPI. Transformations Ministries has had the vision recently of beginning a worship movement in our local area - encouraging the community to connect together, to unite as the body of Christ in worship - to spread the fire of the Holy Spirit and to see revival birthed in the North.

Saturday was the first ever Night of Worship also known as N.O.W. It was a blessing to be in the presence of the Lord and humbling to lead worship. Certain points were a battle and I struggled with my voice, but after having my throat anointed and being prayed with by the prayer team, a new boldness came over me, and we worshiped with every last ounce of energy, breath, and joy we had. I was blown away by the hearts of my teammates, selflessly pouring out their time, energy, and gifts into being a part of this night. Watching the Holy Spirit move in their hearts blessed me beyond what mere words can begin to describe - and having the Lord do a healing, cleansing work in my own heart was sweet as well.

There were moments of breakthrough during the night of worship, and I truly believe God was doing work in hearts beyond what we heard about or were able to see. I believe seeds were planted, healing work was done, restoration begun, and purpose discovered. I believe people had a love encounter with the Love of God, and will never view worship the same. I say this, not because of anything that I have done, but simply because it amazes me how when we ask the Lord to use us - how creatively, intricately, intentionally plugs us into just the right places, for such a time as this to serve Him - to advance His Kingdom - to reveal His glory!

My team will be leading a few more times this spring - so continue to pray that God will awaken our local area, and the hearts of university students to come and meet with Him - to discover the life-altering, plan disturbing Love of God - true Love - real Love - cleansing, healing, restoring, peace and joy unspeakable!

The lyrics to one of our songs have particularly struck me these last few weeks - they are from a song "To the Service":
"We will worship, like it's the last time we will...and we will worship, like it's the last time we will..."
If we gave all of ourselves to God - all the time - how much different would everyday life be? If our worship was not merely lip service - but a sacrifice of daily love? What if we knew we would never have another chance to worship God? How intense and intentional would we be that last time? It should be that way every time!

No comments: