My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, October 01, 2007

taken by His love

God's love is unfailingly good.
I am overcome with His intimate love and majesty.
Lately I have been filled with words and music.
I can't seem to stop singing new songs I've never heard of before.
I know the Lord is birthing in me the ability to praise Him and to write for Him.
Every Sunday I steal away for a time simply to listen to His voice, and to write what I feel prompted to.
Recently I've felt compelled to actively pursue what God is doing with all of these words.
I want to put them to music.
I don't want to just have words.
I want to create for His glory.
I feel as though I'm supposed to somehow and somewhere acquire a guitar, learn to play it, and to open myself up to plans the Lord may have for me by using that ability or skill.
I've been praying for Him to supply. I have agreed that if He supplies, I will learn, listen, go, seek, do, sing, whatever it takes - for His glory alone.

Lord, your love is astounding!

1 comment:

Tangling with Theresa said...

Christy, I would like to print your September post about Rest for our church's upcoming women's retreat about rest. I'd like to give you full credit, however. Would you please email me? Thanks! Well done. Your blogs are very touching.