My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

20

20 years of life have I, 20 years of life.
I had an amazing date with the Lord tonight and as we shared a birthday supper, I came across a journal entry that caught my attention from early in September.

" Unto You oh God, I give my life.
Before You, I recognize this no small sacrifice,
For all You ask of me, is to faint with longing for Thee.
As I follow the call, the world seems quite small,
For inspite of my fears, I know You are near.
You whispr Your Word in the depts of my being -
a longing arises from within my soul-
I recognize you alone must control -
every hope, desire, and dream from above.
Your joy is my strength -
my weakness, Your glory.

Soft whispers of love dance upon the wind. Leaves rustle as the season prepares to begin. To everything there is a season - though sometimes we fail to see - a purpose amongst the lessons, the trials and the change. Father help me embrace Thee with all that I am - abandoned to the world - a warrior of the King. My destiny's uncertain, though I know it's in Your hands - I can't help wonder, if somehow I'll understand.

Dance sweet whispers of love on the wind - remind all God's children of the life He's placed within,

How silently, how silently - I long to hear Your voice - it seems that at this moment I have no other choice. I surrender all my time and resources - to allow Your work in full - to penetrate the deepest parts of all I am for Your glory.

"Behold, I make all things new. Christy just hold on - "

Quietly I wait for Thee - Long I long for You - to see.
To crawl in Your lap, see the world through Your eyes -
with a child like faith, to learn of You - to know You -
to grow in Your likeness and to reflect Your glory. "

* I am thankful for a God who loves me. All glory, honor, and praise to the One who has granted me life and breath for these 20 adventurous years and who will continue for His determined amount of time to grow me more into His likeness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know we called You!
But HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTY!!!!!
LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD