My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

a new worship

Since I have recently caught an unhealthy dose of the bethany plague, I lost my voice this weekend. However, I was grateful for the experience to worship with the body of Christ without my voice. Tonight, I realized that all things considered, I was worshipping Christ as a dumb person. When people could not walk, they are considered lame. Likewise when one cannot see, they are blind. When one cannot speak, they are dumb. My heart was overwhelmed with the goodness of Christ tonight and worship became so much more than singing the right words, or mouthing familiar phrases. It was a blessed opportunity to worship the Lord through clapping, smiling, swaying, and dancing. Without my voice, there was no distraction - no searching for harmonies or the right notes. I was simply myself, Christy, weak and dumb, before my Lord. I am unworthy of the love God lavishes on me. Tonight, though I could not speak with grace and good voice, my soul was refreshed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is an interesting point of view for sure. the inability to sing showing pure worship even more so than the ability to sing.