My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

belief

It grieves my heart when the body of Christ hinders more than nourishes itself. Why do Christians and the church place themselves in situations where their actions become a striking example of the Baal prophets on Mount Carmel - slashing their arms and flailing about looking ridiculous seeking some empty, meaningless glory - why do we slash at parts of the body believing that somehow through the mutilation of the body (brothers and sisters), glory might be found?

Why aren't we believing?
Why aren't we praying more?
Why aren't we trusting? Risking? Stepping out?

Why are we playing it safe?
Why all the rules, regulations, etc?

What happened to breathing? Believing?
What happened to BOLD belief like Elijah on Mount Carmel - he believed God would send fire on the altar he had built- to send a fire that if lit by God would prove His power over Baal, the false god people prostitued themselves to - think about it - a request to send fire from the sky. Today that's quite a belief to have - but Elijah believed, and God came through - Elijah believed so much so that he had them pour water several times upon the altar. God came through to honor both the faith of His servant and to bring God's Name glory.

Why don't we believe for things with that ferver and trust God will come through?

No comments: