My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

desperate snow removal

Most traces of the long, harsh northern maine winter the county endured over the past few months have vanished - the occasional white flek will catch the corner of my eye and I find myself cringing saying "Ah, why!?" and counting my blessings of living in Sussex most of the year and having spring start in the end of March instead of the middle of May. However, like all circumstances there are a few exceptions, one of which is our neighbor's yard. The other day, upon returning from the highschool to pick up my youngest sister, I caught sight of my mother doing this:




Jessica's mouth dropped opened as we both errupted into laughter at the sight of our mother in shorts, with an ax and bright orange snow shovel demolishing the bank by Mr. Phil's house. I suppose she wants no reminders of the 7-8 months of winter they had - then again, who could blame her?

No comments: