My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

forgotten in the forest

I find myself at a strange crossroads...
despising the place I once loved most...
loving the people who have hurt me most...
though perhaps to despise is too harsh a term.
Detachment and release are at the forefront of my mind...
from this institution I once identified with.
Grateful for the years of instruction, friendship, and the like...
mourning the callousness of goodbyes and the ties I must admit, broke long ago.

Forgotten in the forest
I feel as I say goodbye...
Forgotten in the field
blinded by man's eyes...
Forgotten in the building
though hundreds stand near by.
Forgotten, forgotten, forgotten.

To finish with such little anticipation,
such small celebration,
such little regard, no reward, no acknowledgement.
To be a face unseen in a land where you've planted seed,
Tis' more tragic than loneliness itself.

Some things matter little in life and require much -
yet others matter much and require little or everything.
Such strange expectations,
Such peculiar boundaries,
Such unnecessary words,
Such puzzling contradictions,
Such unwanted practice...

Done.
Final.
Finished.
Successful.
Completed.
Expired.
Overdue.
Winner.
Victory.
the End.
Still Standing.

As I prepare to go...my heart races:
with questions
with answers
with dreams
with visions
with passions
with desires
with fears
with wonders
with hopes
with disappointments
with anxiousness and anticipation
with zeal and gusto
with preparedness
with adventure
with drive, motivation, encouragement
with Truth
with joy
with love
with hurt
with...

I love people - and they hurt me a lot.
I love laughter - and I cry a lot.
I love learning - and I fail a lot.
I love trying again - and I succeed a lot.
I love new seasons - and I hate saying goodbye.

The power of the tongue holdeth the ability to birth life or bring death.
May my words in the forgotten forest...
in this season of goodbye bring much light, life, joy, peace, and passion.
I find myself at a strange crossroads...
despising the place I once loved most...
loving the people who have hurt me most...
Grateful for the years of instruction, friendship, and the like...
mourning the callousness of goodbyes and the ties I must admit, broke long ago.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

This is awesome. You are awesome. Thank you for sharing, Sis.

Love you.