My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

nerves and butterflies

Training camp starts in 2 days...
tomorrow morning I drive downstate with my parents to catch my early 6:45am flight to training.
I have to admit, I'm a little nervous - but mostly excited.
You know...like first day of school butterflies...or graduation speech cotton mouth...or having to use the washroom a bajillion times before the big soccer game. I always seem to get nervous before I explode into leadership and powerful moments...with this experience in mind, I am rather excited to embark on the first part of my new journey/adventure. I continue to dream of all the things God has in store for the next year of my/my teammates lives as we travel the world - nation to nation - and share the love of Christ, while meeting the tangible needs of the people and facing issues of injustice head on. This is just the beginning...ready, set, GO!!!!!

I appreciate your prayers as I pack...and fly to Georgia.
Also, for the careful choosing of my team by those in leadership - and that this week will be a time where we can settle in, get focused, and become united in spirit and purpose as a team + a squad. To God be the glory!

No comments: