My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, August 06, 2007

the missing ring

Upon graduating from the 8th grade my parents got my a very pretty ring with my birthstone. I treasured this ring and felt pretty when I wore it, the shining topaz shimmering in the sunshine of early summer. I did not own this ring for long until it went missing. Just after beginning highschool and relocating to a new home where we currenty reside, my ring went missing.

With a little sister in the house who loved to play dress up and who had - on occasion- been caught trying on this ring...all fingers pointed to her as the culpret of the missing ring.

Fast forward roughly 5 years - to today - Jessica was in our living room tonight trying on every pair of jean she owns, causing us all to burst into fits of laughter as some pairs were a little too snug, some too filled with holes, some cleverly decorated with safety pins and some in mint condition. As she picked up a random pair from the pile she reminded us that I'd given them to her a number of years ago. She flung them around in the air for a split second, just long enough for all of us to hear a " tink, clink, tink, think tink....tiiiiiink." Caught off guard by this noise and the knowledge that something had fallen from the pants we all said in unison, "What is that!?" All we heard was, " No way! OooohhhhH!"

After a few moments of gloating by Jessica, basking in her guiltlessness and following an apology on my part, she handed me a treasure I thought was forever lost - my ring.

It's amazing how my ring could have at any moment gone missing and I would never have known...poor Jessica, assumed as the culpret all these years and voila, one evening trying on jeans, the ring appears.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

That's pretty cool :)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.