My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

packing frenzy

Only 4 sleeps remain until I cross the border for another year of living in the wonderful land of Canada.

Today I've come to the following conclusions:
1) I dislike packing
2) I'm not much fonder of unpacking
3) No matter how many dates you go on with John Adams, his biography is still 700 pgs. long and takes forever to read.
4) Just as I'm getting acclamated to sleeping in my bed at home, I have to move to a new one.
5) The bite of fall is in the air.
6) Co-ed softball is officially over and with it, the bulk of summer.
7) I have far too many clothes to choose from including a mountain of t-shirts, some dating back to early grade school. (I've never figured out why they give little kids t-shirts they can wear until they're in college.I suppose it's kind've neat for the college student to look back and say "Hey I wore this in 5th grade." leaving out, of course, the fact that it was practically a nightgown or something.)
8) No matter how long your "remember to bring list" is, everytime you turn around, you find something you forgot to write conveniently next to something else you didn't even think about bringing until you saw it.
9) I'm thankful for people who are easy to work with.
10) Sisters are good for taking your mind off endless tasks you need to accomplish and helping you procrastinate for a time.

I'm quite excited to get back to school, however, the more I think about what I have to do before I leave - the more this scheduled time frame is making me kind of claustrophobic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy I really must tell you that it has been a joy to work with you this summer. It's so refreshing to meet a young person who is so in tune with herself and the Lord. Have a wonderful school year and keep the faith.
Lynn