My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

a glimpse of my heart on July 17, 2009

I felt really weepy today. I was emotionally a wild assortment of things – awestruck, grateful, thoughtful, peaceful, nervous, curious, determined, blessed, and plain ol’ overwhelmed by the goodness and faithfulness of God. All week I have been sitting in with the oldest girl’s group for devotion time. Every day this week I have had the opportunity to speak truth in the lives of these girls and to have it reflected back into my own heart. I realize now, today was no different.

As I think about this time, there is one girl who stands out in my mind whom the Lord has struck my heart with this week – Brooke Gregory. Brooke is a beautiful young lady, full of life and energy. She has diabetes and her family struggles financially, but this doesn’t seem to debilitate her spirits and drive for life. All week Brooke has been pretty open in asking questions about God, relationships, and living a life that honors God – as well as sharing information from her own life. Today, as Brooke spoke her thoughts my heart was moved and I began to weep – as the Lord reminded me of His call upon my life – and showed me a glimpse of the promise and purpose He has for this little sister of mine, Brooke.

Brooke shared thoughts she has had about desiring her family to be protected and that she believes her life will be somewhat short – that she wants to be a missionary in other countries, telling people about Jesus. This is important to consider because this girl does not go to church – and most of her Christian influence comes from her being at camp. According to her counselors, she has grown and changed significantly over the summer. Bless the Lord!

The words Brooke spoke to me in the office this afternoon as she checked her blood sugar are still ringing in my mind and heart, “Miss Christy, I’m going to be a missionary one day and maybe I’ll see you out there too.” Perhaps it was her pointing, or the simple delight and laughter that danced in her eyes as she said those encouraging words to me, regardless of what it was exactly, these words spoken triggered something at the very depth of my heart and I became weepy again – with a joyful, dance worthy excitement stirring up in me as well.

My thought process was one of gratitude, thankfulness, fear, and expectation. I am amazed how God reminded me of how very different this season of waiting is for me, through His call on the life of a precious daughter – His beloved, Brooke. I believe with all my heart she will be a missionary some day serving the Lord – even unto death. There’s a fire in her heart – ready to be consumed by Christ. Lord, let Your will be done in Brooke’s life – and my life too! I am reminded of some song lyrics sung by some brothers in Christ, Atlantic, “All I am, for all You are – nothing else can satisfy God – all I am – for all You are – nothing else can satisfy…”.

No comments: