My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

from indy to connecticut in a day...

Driving is always an adventure...especially when you are very tired, and have to drive ALL day longs.

On our way home from Thanksgiving time in Indiana with my grandparents - we crossed many types of terrain...boring farmland - all brown and prepped for winter's covering...mountains and hills, and valleys...streams...lakes...foggy mountains...rivers...etc.

Here are some special things Weiz (my littlest sister and car buddy) saw:
- 4 deer running in a field
- a rainbow
- a city's lights at the base of a brilliant mountain we were descending
- West Point campus in New York
- 7 more deer grazing in a field
- an Omish clothes line
- a man with sweet sideburns consuming the entirety of his face
(though he was likely in his late 40s, he looked like Zac Effron)
- a sunrise
- a sunset

Sometimes we miss things where we're in the hustle and bustle of our days --- but what unique discoveries can be made when we simply watch and wait!

No comments: