My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, January 22, 2007

chorale weekend

This weekend was our first official Chorale outing and I came into the trip with high expectations of God going to work in the hearts we were able to minister to. I was blessed this weekend as I watched some reluctant, weary faces give way to the Prince of Peace, surrendering before the Lord and seeking His yoke that is easy and His burden that is light. God is faithful to show up and when we come with expectancty, He will blow us away in His goodness and faithfulness to follow through. He hears the prayers and knows the hearts of His children. I am overwhelmed with the power of Christ that dwells in me, the strength He lifts me with and His peace that surpasses all understanding.

I had the privilege of sharing my testimony twice this weekend and each time I was honored to speak words of life about a living, real and loving God who restores, heals and is awesome in power. The Lord has been challenging me and stretching me to seek first His voice and His Kingdom, through His word, and in times of quiet. He is always near, but unfortunately I forget to listen sometimes and I neglect the fact that I am first called to be a vessel for Christ, as means by which His truth may be spread throughout this world, a vessel through which His joy may be freely loosed and worship will sing through my heart. I am called to be broken and humble before the God of the universe, because He has called me.

His word is truth!
He is near!
His plans are perfect!
His grace is sufficient!

I am not worthy of the call...but called I am...by the King of King and Lord of Lords.|

I'm longing to bring honor and glory to His great and Holy name!

No comments: