My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

the King of my heart

This song has been on my heart lately:
"Lord prepare me, to be a sanctuary. Pure and holy. Tride and true. With thanksgiving, I'll be a living...sanctuary, for You."

The words of this song encourage me to look at how I am presenting myself to Christ. Have I humbled myself before the Lord, allowing Him to prepare me as a sanctuary, pure and holy, tride and true? Am I living in thanksgiving each day for the King of Kings who is mindful of me regardless of how often I fall, the One who always catches me?

Isaiah 43 has been exciting me lately. It speaks if how God is calling upon His people Israel. He has ransomed them and called them His. He promises in deep waters to be there, that they will not drown in rivers of trial, and when they walk through the fires, they will not be burned. They are precious to God and therefore He has ransomed them. His people have failed to realize the desire God has for them and have sinned against Him from the beginning of time. This chapter in Isaiah stirs something in me that creates the desire to be pure and holy, acceptable, a sanctuary for my King.

Life brings its fires, but God will take us through the fire again and again and again. He is worthy of all praise. He is good and faithful and His love endures through all circumstances. Psalm 18 speaks of God as our Rock and shield. He is our strength and supports us with His right hand.

I am overwhelmed many times with the call of my life, but to God be the glory, for great things He has done and great things is doing and great things He has planned.

No comments: