My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Beautiful

I've been thinking lately about what it means to be secure in the Lord, to really know who I am in Christ and to be satisfied with that, but available to constantly be changed. I was exercising yesterday morning in the lounge after a nice jog and one of the ladies had left the tv on the music channel. This song came on by Bethany Dillon and caught my attention...I want to be beautiful, to know that who I am is quite enough.

I love the last verse of this song. It truly speaks of who Christ should be in our lives...He makes us beautiful, worthy of love, and assures us we are quite enough...we are fearfully and wonderfully His. He makes me feel beautiful...I am amazed as He lives in my heart and daily stretches me beyond the capacities I have in and of myself.

I've come across a quote a few times in the past week:
"A woman's heart should be so close to God - a man must seek God to find it." Seek Him...chase Him...let Him define your beauty and reign as King of your heart...my beloved sisters in Christ, trust as you draw near to God, the one He's created to be your match must seek Him to find your heart...let Christ be your standard!

"Beautiful" by: Bethany Dillon

I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
I count on the make-up to cover it all
Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention
I thought I could be strong
But it's killing me

Does someone hear my cry?
I'm dying for new life

[Chorus]
I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won't you help me back to glory

[Chorus]

You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful

1 comment:

Debbie said...

This is a great song! Looking so forward to our NYC trip :)