My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, April 30, 2007

unplanned time

Following the daily tasks of seminar and some very draining group work time, I approached my evening with a pinch of dread in my heart...I did not want to spend this rainy evening alone, in my room, doing absolutely nothing. Deciding to be obedient to an earlier prompting, I requested the company of a couple of friends on campus...whom considering certain circumstances could have easily declined my company, but since they accepted, we spent the next hour of our time playing cards.

Following cards, I was surprised to watch the Lord take over the delegation of my time spent this evening. A visitor appeared in my doorway desiring to talk and we engaged in an interesting, indepth conversation, better described as a heart-to-heart for the next hour or so and I was then invited to join a small group at Tim's for a time. We waltzed down the rainy hill to hot drinks and timbits galore...only deciding on our way back up the hill that this friend and I would bond once more over cookie making...our kitchen adventure turned once more into a 2 hour conversation, which I was very blessed and sweetly surprised by.

I'm thankful I was unable to be the delegate of my time and so grateful the Lord provided the opportunity to talk about Him, life cirumstances and plans, and to hear this young sister's heart to grasp a greater understanding of where she's at currently. I was grately blessed by these surprise conversations and the complete depletion of my assumed "free" evening. I love how the Lord turned a potentially empty, lonely evening into a chance to talk, listen, laugh, and bond with someone on a heart level and understanding that was very much needed in light of current situations and circumstances.

I recognize this post is rather vague, but I encourage you to allow the Lord to be the steward of your time for a change...it was the best choice I could have possibly made all evening. Bless the Lord for His mindfulness and involvement in even the smallest of things in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes unplanned activities and meetings are the best kind.! See you in a couple days!! Love, Mom:)