My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

delight

"Savior I come
Quiet my soul
Remember
Redemption's hill...
Where Your blood was spilled...
For my ransom.
Everything I once held dear...
I count it all as loss..
So lead me to the cross
Where your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me
Lead me to the cross..."

Looking back over the last 2 weeks the one key thing I could possibly pull from all the experiences is the idea of delighting in Christ, amazement, awestruck, befuddled, baffled, something along those lines...completely astounded.

The Lord has brought recklessness to my heart and with it a beautiful joy and fearlessness despite all the unknown and the fleshly desire to know what's next.
I have been blessed with the smiles and gentlesness of one whose heart is to be treasured. The company of one who is seeking and hungry - who has sharpened me and whom God has allowed me to find delight in- one who bares His image.

Laughter, transparency, genuineness - I love it.
The unexpected has entered my life these last two weeks and taken my comfortable plan and self and turned it all upside down. Oh the wonders and joys of serving a God whose ways are always higher than ours. Just when we think we have it all figured out, going well, and we're content, He says alright, time for the next step.

No comments: