My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

my life as a comic strip...

would be quite an interesting read I'm sure.

Our last week at camp soared by. I blinked and Monday became Wednesday which soon morphed into Saturday and poof I was headed back to campus for a week of corps camp.

It was a week of battle.
Getting lost for 2 hours trying to find the camp in the first place had placed a little sour taste in my heart about the camp in general, but after laying aside my selfishness and remembering it's not about me, I pressed on, only to hit another wall: my campers.

Our first impression went something like this: I walked into a giant room with 9 middle school girls (who I thought were all in highschool). Primping hair and chatting together their eyes all looked at us casting their first assumptions. "Who are you? Oh great they gave us a couple of newbies. I've never had a newbie counselor before. What's up with that?" Then they were off again to their gossiping about who was dating who and who they didn't like that week, etc. It was heart wrenching and very irritating.

Looking at these broken, weary, oppressed, confused little hearts I wondered, "Lord why are we here?" I didn't like thinking this and it was the first time such a thought has crossed my mind all summer. Selfishness and stubbornness were like a cloud of darts zinging through the air all week. It was ridiculous - everyone was labeled and if you weren't "it" you were being talked about.

I began to pray for my campers and we saw some progress throughout the week.

No comments: