My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

motivated

Do you ever make goals or seek after aspirations you later only find yourself further from - as life's busy schedules and pressure creep in, somehow you manage to neglect or simply forget those initial, simple, important goals?

I believe to reach our full capacity as a person - to be able to truly bless others and to see growth in our own lives we must engage our whole person. The Power of Full Engagment is a wonderful writing which addresses this concept - and I was made to read it in our PLC group on campus for the last two years. The core principles in this work have stuck with me - and while I have applied them to my mind, and many of them to my life - I believe now its time to FULLY ENGAGE.

If I want to "run the race well", I think it's time for me to push my limits - physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. (For accountability sake, I've decided to share them here - and perhaps it will encourage y'all to do some thinking and consideration as well.)

Physically, I have some conditioning to do -- and likely some sore complaining muscles in the not so distant future - but I'm certain my body will rejoice later - once the stretching allows me to push that much further and that much harder than when I began. Mentally, I believe it's time to start learning another language...I'm prayerfully considering what exactly...but I've recently felt led toward Swahili. (will you join me in praying about this?) Emotionally, I wish to become more aware of my emotional reactions to situations and to be more open in expressing these to others - not to burden them, but to add perspective to our interactions and communication. Spiritually, it's time to write more of the Word upon my heart, and to really study His Word consistently - verse by verse, step by step.

It's time to get motivated!
Are you motivated? If not, what's holding you back?
It's time to step up friend - time to get some sore muscles - time to stretch yourself, and experience the joy of pain that comes in change and growth!
You can do it! Remember, the Word promises, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - not "some things" or "this thing and that thing" or even "one thing". Nope! "ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST!" Believe it! Live it! Enjoy the journey! :)

1 comment:

Zach said...

Good stuff! I'm all about learning a new language too. Right now it's Haitian Creole of course, but I want to learn more after I leave Haiti. Maybe some Greek to start! And I'm all for stretching capacity in other areas too, of course, with a little oscillating on the side!