My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

internship reflection (part 6)

Overall, I believe I met the bulk of the internship objectives set before me, in ways I never imagined would be possible or even a part of my experience. I simply cannot sum it up any better than admitting, “I have been changed”. On internship, I discovered my heartbeat, and my life now longs to dance and move to the intense beat and rhythm which it produces.

My college mentor Prez spoke these words to me at the end of my internship, “Christy, you know there are a lot of things you could be doing – but there’s something you ought to be doing. When you live doing that very thing you ought to be doing, you will know without a doubt that you are in the center of God’s will.” I believe with all my heart that my internship was necessary in this season of my life to discover what I ought to be doing – living out my heartbeat.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Thanks for sharing Christy, it's good to hear how your internship was such a growing experience for you, God is so good!

cassie said...

Christy, you are truly beautiful from the inside out! The day I met you I could see the Light of Christ shining through you radiantly. You are such a wonderful writer--thank you for all the insight into your life the past 6 months during your internship. I can't wait to serve with you on the World Race :) Love you!