My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, November 27, 2006

home sweet home

There's nothing quite like being home.
Even when you go away for a long while, or even a little while and things are great, exciting and new...there is nothing like that familiar comfort of home.
Presque Isle & Caribou Maine are home to me...God is alive in northern Aroostook County and what a refreshing treat is was to be home for a long weekend.
God has blessed me with a neighborhood and community to grow up in and to call home where He is radically stirring up and preparing for great things.

Though it's well past Thanksgiving, I'd like to take a few moments and ponder some things I'm very thankful for:
*restoration
*devoted parents
*adorating sisters
*a loving and God fearing man who blesses me daily with his heart for Christ

*smiles
*the unchanging nature of God
*His truthful Word
*God's promises and plans

*hugs & kisses
*peace that surpasses understanding
*opportunity
*unknown futures
*friends that live on faith alone

*God's grace being enough
*late evening walks
*the ability to see, hear, taste, and touch daily
(smelling-most of the time)
*freedom
*God's provision, mercy and unfailing love
*water that quenches all thirst
*God's timing (even when it's not idealy my timing)
*Guidance & so much more...

God knows every desire and need. He always provides accordingly in His timing, by way of His plans and for His glory. It is all about Him. I am blessed to stand in His presence, to be a child of the King...to be daily pursued by the One who is above all names. I'm so thankful for Christ's sacrifice and constant love. Tis' so sweet to walk with Jesus, to trust Him everyday and take Him at His word. He is mighty and good. He is everything that we need!

No comments: