My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

remembering

Six years ago on the crisp early autumn morning of Tuesday, September 11th...I sat in my small country school room and stared at a tv screen wondering what was going on. Recognizing the background as New York City, a place I'd visited just a month prior with my dance group, I was a little excited, until the cameras zoomed in and a sickening pit formed in my stomach.

Today, I remember...do you?
I pray the Lord will shower His peace upon those still grieving and that His joy will penetrate to the deepest parts of those who have been saved and healed. I'm thankful for all the servicemen who have spent countless hours away from their loved ones, missed the birth of their children, and even more so, those lots in combat.
That historical day has been on my mind all day, at different times and I can't help but think how blessed are we? Who am I that the God of the universe would be mindful of me and the smallest things of my life...that He would grant me breath and life each day anew, all for His glory. I never climbed the Twin Towers, but I saw them as part of the beautiful NYC skyline just a month before they were no more. The countless stories of delays and circumstances on that day are astounding. How could one not recognize the Holy God of all in an event like that? Even more so, how could one not recongize His love at all times in each day? I am so thankful to know the truth, to be loved and called by Christ, forgiven and made new. I am burdened and heartbroken for those who still need to hear and even more for those who refuse to hear.

Lord, help us remember and remind us of your hand in our lives this day!



No comments: