My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

leaving an imprint

I love how the Lord uses us as vessels and in the midst of activities of our daily lives, we never seem to recognize exactly how He is at work - the underlying heart working change He is creating, the love and peace He is administering through His intimacy with and presence within us. I love it!

Camp flew by this week, but something one of my cabin girls said to me before leaving will stick with me forever. She walked over to me and I watched the face of a typically silly, non-stop talking girl change and get extremely serious.

"Christy, I just wanted to know you have left a really deep footprint here at this camp. I have been coming to camp since I was a little girl and never have I experienced something this deep. I think your presence and love at camp this week has made an impact in everyone's hearts." So I thanked her and asked her what she meant. She said, "Well I feel as though you left a hand print so deep of God here at camp that it will remain here for years to come for people to see and experience."

Wooosh - talk about a humiliating, humbling experience. This little girl in my cabin who had talked my ear off ALL week and I will confess bordered on annoyance (I may or may not have tuned myself out to one of her stories about bugs or lunchroom memories), but listening to her now, it was as if she herself was not speaking. She meant every word and who was I to receive such a blessed evaluation?

I praise the Lord that HE was at work this week at camp and that His hand has been pressed within the grounds of that camp. Even the director made comment that in his 14 years of being there he had never experienced a week of camp quite like this one. Bless the Lord! He alone is great and most worthy of all glory, honor and praise!

No comments: