My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

the value of a friend

This week at camp we had the priviledge of getting to know our camp speaker as well as his family - his wife and two little ones. On the last day of camp I was talking to their 3 1/2 year old and said goodbye.

Roughly 10 seconds later I hear little footprints hitting the ground and an excited call of "Friend! Friend! Friend!"

Turning around I saw him standing there. Chuckling to myself I watched for a moment as he (now recognizing my attention) said, "Gouh-bye Friend!" and waved. I waved back, turned around and continued to my cabin.

Suddenly it struck me just how weighty these simple words of a 3 1/2 year old were. "Friend!" He called me friend, anxiously, excitedly, he shouted pursuing a response.

Isn't that sort've how the Lord calls to us sometimes: "Beloved! Beloved! Come! Friend! Love! Child! I am near! Come!"

If only our hearts would recklessly choose to always delight in Christ the way a small child delights in a newly made friend. His pursuit is just as important and just as intense. We just sometimes lack in our response. I pray you are delighted by the love of the Lord today. He is good...and His mercies endure forever.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Great blog, Christy! Trip's simple words of wisdom are definitely carrying down from his father-our Daddy always calls to us in love and friendship. See you tomorrow!

Lor & Josh said...

beautiful words, friend. Pray all is going well with your summer of stretching, loving, giving, learning, and being the Beloved of God. love you.