My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

consecration weekend

It's been a bustling, busy weekend around campus as we have partaken of 7 services over the weekend in honor of consecrating our brand new chapel. Hundreds of people from all over the states and various provinces came to join in the celebration and festivities.

David Howard was our speaker this week and the Lord used him as a vessel to communicate much truth to me and to stir up some serious thinking in both my head and heart.

Two things that I'm really itching about were spoken in the messages on Saturday:

1) Our duty 1st to Christ is to respond with obedience. When God calls us we so often worry and wonder about where he is calling us to. We must remember that "geography will take care of itself later." Abraham is a prime example of this. In Genesis God calls him to go and assures him He will reveal where to be in His time. Wow...so just going without knowing...that concept is so foreign to our culture yet so adventurous and absolutely dependent upon the Lord's leading.

2) Jim Elliot penned these words in is journal during his early college years as a university student: "When it comes time to die - make sure all you have to do is die."

I am both humbled and blown away by the implications of this statement.
Jesus, my life for the gospel - a life that is recklessly, absolutely, resoundingly devoted to You!

Finally in closing thoughts, Jim Elliot also penned something regarding our motivations and efforts in what we do each day. He said, "Wherever you are - be all there - live to the hilt - be to the will of God." Basically whatever we are doing - go all out - full steam ahead - hold nothing back. Just go and trust God as your supply, portion, strength, your everything.

I want to be someone who gives all of myself for the things of Christ - who withholds nothing from the One who withholds nothing from the ones He loves. I'm so thankful for God's patience and willingness to teach us baby step by little baby step!

No comments: