My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

purpose

Why do we insist on preaching one another into boredom? Why do ministers so often try so hard to articulate their thoughts - backing them up with Scripture? Why can't we take the Word and think on it so we can learn of it? I feel like people are chewing up the Word for us and instead of giving us a whole bite - they've chewed it up and spit it out. Then they expect us to eat it! No Way! Regurgitated, self-focused thoughts are not worth ingesting. Where's the substance? Where's the truth - good solid hardcore truth? Lord help us!

1 comment:

learning to abide said...

thank you. It's really crazy. A lot of the stuff I was reading from your page are themes God has been taking me through too. It's crazy, but it's so true...God has us here for a reason (each of us having different things we have been uniquely designed to do), yet somehow they are all interconnected.
That's crazy you were in a military family too. Are you in college now?