My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

come heal our land

This week on campus it was Spiritual Advancement Week. It was a great time of intimacy and stretching with the Lord.
This week God too me to places in prayer I've never been before.
I was brought even deeper into His presence, to be made more like Him, to be filled so that my cup not only runneth over, but gushes over.
This week I pursued my Pursuer.
My Lover, my Friend too me by the hand and spoke His words of life into my heart.
He had burdened and broken my heart so that it might break with the things that break His heart.
What a Mighty God we serve!

This is a new song Dave Klob taught us and I believe it speaks prophetically over not only this campus, but our world...our neighborhoods, our homes.
It is my heart's prayer to see the blind eyes opened, the deaf ears unlocked, to see our generation healed, to have life breathed into the dry and THIRSTY souls. God pour out over this place. Rain down!

"Lord hear our cry,
Come heal our land
Breathe life into these dry and thirsty souls
Lord hear our prayer

Forgive our sin
And as we call on Your name
Would You make this a place for Your glory to dwell

Open the blind eyes, Unlock the deaf ears

Come to Your people, As we draw near
Hear us from heaven, Touch our generation
We are Your people, Crying out in desperation

Hear us from heaven, Hear us from heaven, Hear us from heaven…"


Words & Music by Jared Anderson © 2004 Vertical Worship Songs

1 comment:

God Is Love said...

Wow. That's an amazing song..it's only hard to imagine the tune. hehe! yeah, so how's everything going with you? I'm fine here..I've got some exciting things coming up, but I will let you know about it all on Thursday or Wed. night. Whenever I get the news. Hehe. :o) So, how was the cabin? Dad said you went there with a lot of friends. Well, I miss and Love you much!

-Only 3 Hours Away...Darn it.
Sherri