My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, September 04, 2006

first day at school

First big night on campus.
I've arrived. I'm alive and well.
God is good!
I have a new roomate named Nicole which was a nice surprise!
My parents took me to dinner, twas' yummy!
Played some volleyball with the upperclassmen before chapel this evening.
Ate icecream.
Met way too many people and only remember probably 10 or so names.
Lots of information.
Lots of stuff to do.

Busy days ahead, but I rest in knowing that God is in control and that I can trust Him with everything.
Chris is at BBC with me.
Nick Bull is at BBC with me.
Jess Burden, my childhood neighbor is with me at BBC.

(Just the lowdown of my day! Miss you all! Love ya!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We Love You , (MISS YOU!!!!!) We had Fun, and enjoyed the BBC experience. We are Proud of You.

Love Mom and Dad

Rachelle said...

Awww!!! I thought that you were leaving *TODAY* not yesterday...

I felt badly that I wasn't able to see you again before you left, but I've been working every day since Thursday, and Saturday I worked until 7:00.

I am so happy that you're having a good time, and you will continue to be in my prayers and thoughts until I see you again! :)

Love you, Christy!

God Is Love said...

Hey Love,
I wore one of your cute blouses today..Hahaha.. I LOVE YOU! How's everything going? Mommy says "someone" is still acting weird, I'm sorry. That's unfortunate.. I'd give em' a swift kick up the bootay if I were you...but that's just me. So, how many attractive men have you met up there? Not that that's what college is about..

I got a really sweaty hug from Jordan yesterday..I don't think I've ever seen anybody that soaking wet in my life..It was a mixture of sweat and rain..sort of cute, but kind of icky smelling.

I'm right now enjoying the BIGGEST bowl of MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP icecream EVER!....And I"m thinking of you? Haha..Well, just remember what I said...make sure you watch out for cafeteria cooks with mega chestal and/or armhair.. trust me, it'll save you in the long run.

well, I start piano tonight..gotta boogie! Love you sweeitpie! :)

I miss and love you muchos mi amiga! :)

Sherri <3

Debbie said...

Glad you're settling in and enjoying college life! Is your roomate the one from Detroit that you thought you were getting? Have you seen much of Nick and Chris? Any same classes? I love you Christy... Have a great time!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that God has you where you are christy...I just wish you'd have been there when I was the Women's RD...you could have been one of MY girls! :)

I know that the Lord is going to use you there...Keep focused on Him!

Lor & Josh said...

been thinking of you and praying for you these first days at college. you are missed and loved!

christy said...

Nicole- you make me laugh, I e-mailed you about
how you can handle the sock situation!

Lor- thank you so much for the prayers. Miss ya! Can't wait to hear about your PEI adventures.

Elizabeth- Thank you for words of life about keeping focused on Him! It seems like it can be sort've easy to lost sight of the importance of being intimate with the Lord and walking daily in His presence here at BBC...but I'm believing in the power of Christ. Christ lives in me and I'm ready for God to ROCK this campus. It starts here where people are being trained to go out and share Christ with a lost world. So many are lost here.

Debbie- Miss ya!

Sherri- Miss ya!

Mom & Dad- Thank you for all you do! I love you guys! Miss you! I'll e-mail soon! God has much blessed be by being about to share this experience with you both!