My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

I am a WOMAN

Sometimes I find myself in wonder asking, "Who am I? What am I doing in life? What's my purpose?" Now don't take me the wrong way here, I don't have a low self-esteem or anything, I believe these questions are quite natural, and I must say that since I met Jesus these questions have come as more of a wondering than an evaluation of who I'm not. I know who I am in Christ. I am a woman that hungers after my King, my Lord, my Prince of Peace.

So what am I doing with my life? Right now I am pursuing God's will for me at Bible College. The greatest truth about this adventure is that I am entirely inadequate, but I've been called and I need nothing more than the still small voice of truth from Him to guide my steps. I'm here because my heart desires to be no other place than exactly where He wants me. God has breathed on me and given me the strength, the mindset, the understanding, the challenge, the stretching, the growing and the breaking I need during this season of my life.

What is my purpose? I believe it's to follow the call of the One who loves me most, the One who knows me best: Jesus Christ.

I was browsing through my hymnal the other day and I happened upon a lovely hymn that instantly touched my heart. It was entitled "I Am a Woman". What does this mean I asked myself. Reading the words, the truths of who I am, what I am to be doing in my life, and my purpose were clearly defined.

To all my beautiful Mom, Sherri, Jess, Auntie Deb and many more sisters in Christ who read this, I pray these words touch your hearts in a special way. We are daughters of the King, called to bring Him glory! May the God of wonders love on you today everywhere you go.

"I am a woman
Called to be a servant

Bound by the grace that Your love imparts.
Lord, make me humble,
Teach me to follow;
Make me a woman of Your heart.

I am a woman
Called to speak with wisdom;
Shining a light that will lead to You.
Lord, give me courage
To be Your witness;
Make me a woman of Your truth.

I am a woman
Purchased by Your mercy;
Bought by the love that would spare no cost.
Lord, make me holy,
Loving You only;
Make me a woman of Your cross."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy,
you are such a Beautiful Woman of Christ! I find myself looking up to you in so many aspects of your life. You always have words of encouragement whenever needed. I am blessed to have you as a roomate and I look forward to the rest of this year! I love yah!
Nicole

Brown-eyed Girl said...

Hi Christy..that was a beautiful piece. I am glad you had fun this weekend. We miss you very much!! Love Mom

God Is Love said...

I love you Christy! Come home now!!!...jk, but seriously. NOW!

Elizabeth said...

I loved the words of that Hymn...what Hymnal is it in? Don't forget this one too: You're also a "No Matter What Woman"! :)

Aaron said...

Hey, how's Bethany treating you? I pray for you and everyone else that I know there as often as I think about you guys. Keep strong in the faith. Chorale rawks and I know you're gonna love it. Say hi to Trevor next time you see him and also Bradley Rogers, he's the man! HAHA. Man I miss them :(. I'm praying for you as are many others. God's got you right in the palm of his hand.

God bless,
Aaron.

Debbie said...

Thanks for that Christy! I miss you! Hope all is going GREAT at Bethany... Love you lots!

christy said...

Elizabeth- it's in the Celebration Hymnal. We've been using it as a text book for fund. of music.

Aaron- I told Trevor you said hey and he sends hellos your way. Thanks for your message and prayers!