My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

casting our cares upon Him

Well only two more nights in my bed and I'm off to BBC.
It seems like it's taken forever to turn September...but looking back, it sort've snuck up on me.
Sometimes I wonder why short spans of time seem so long, while looking at long spans of time sometimes seem very short. (strange, I know)

Today, just like any other day, was nothing short of an adventure for me.

God's blessings never cease to amaze me and I must say that He is always faithful in hearing our prayers.

I just finished reading a great book by Max Lucado called Traveling Light. *God's timing is always perfect.* It speaks about Psalm 23 and how we're called to rest and allow Christ to lead. He is our Shepard. Going over Psalm 23, Lucado picks apart the luggage we tote around each day of our lives like trunks full of guilt, backpacks of shame, suitcases of disappointment, worry, envy, ect. When we stop though and drop the luggage, and don't pick it up anymore, we're trusting the Father, Jesus Christ, our ever loving Savior, to protect us, love us, provide for us and take care of every need. "His yoke is easy and His burden is light..." (Tis' a good read).

So in keeping with the theme of a book I finished yesterday, I dropped my luggage before the Lord today, including my suitcase of worry.

I must cast all my cares upon Him and trust. He is good all the time. His faithfulness was shown once again in the favor of a loved one at customs this afternoon. God brings a peace that surpasses all understanding when we trust Him more than our fears. Not being in control is a scary thought, but the Bible says in Psalms that when we trust the Lord He makes us as "sure footed as a deer". Deer are graceful. Now I don't know about you, but at times, I'm not particularly graceful on my feet....however, thinking about this, I believe I would take it to mean that as we trust the Lord, He'll guide our steps, we'll be surefooted (or graceful), simply because He's in control and He's holding our hand each step of the way. NO more worries about silly things. Worrying isn't going to put gas in the car, get you across the border, fix a relationship, pay the bills, raise your children. With God, all things are possible!

"His grace is sufficient and in our weakness, His strength is made perfect..."

3 comments:

God Is Love said...

Don't leave me... please.

God Is Love said...

I love you Christy! I know you're going to do an amazing job with what the Lord has ready for you. God Bless!

Love You Always,
Sherri

Debbie said...

The testimony you shared with me on the phone was awesome! God is so great and watches every detail of our lives. I'm going to miss you Christy... you're an awesome person and I'm so happy to know you. I know God wants to do so much in and through your life. I hope Bethany is a great experience in your life and I hope to figure out how to drive in Canada without getting lost so I can see you sometimes :)