My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

adventurous journey

well for all those wondering : Yes, I have arrived safely home.
yesterday evening we (Jess Burden, Chris & I) departed from BBC on our way home...
so we thought.
clearly going home was much more complicated than going to school
first, chris started driving us to st. john...
I knew this wasn't the way, so as graciously as possible, I mentioned how unfamiliar it was that way and perhaps* we could turn around and head towards fredricton.

So chris agreed and we turned around.
We then drove in a way that he believed would get us to fredricton...
I only have one question here "Why does the TransCanda lack signs? Clearly if you're not Candian you have no clue where you're going."
After calling a few Canadian friends, one being an alumnus of our school, chris was still certain we were heading in the right direction.
I wasn't so sure, I'd never seen the apple barn, or the mcdonalds sign or anything familiar.
Hum...so when we got to Moncton, I knew for sure, we had just driven about an hour in the wrong direction.

we get directions from a gas station and turn back...
Our original journey of 3 hrs...turned into 6hrs.
We had some good laughs about it though.

Chris and I have now decided to invest in a Canadian atlas...we we will now spend time "problem solving" ahead of time, plotting out our journeys on a map...so we can play pilot and co-pilot.

Boo for poorly directed Canadian roads.
Boo for 3 extra hours of driving.

Hooray for character building.
Hooray for patience.
Hooray for unconditional love.
Hooray for long talks!
most importantly, Hooray for God's grace & protection in all situations.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hooray for a Christy hug! Hooray for Christy being home! Boo for Christy leaving again so soon! Love ya lots and it was so nice to see you and sit with you at church last night :)

Pamela said...

Yeah, we Canadians love to challenge those who are not used to our dear highways! NOT REALLY. I get annoyed that our roads aren't better marked. Best thing to do it what you said....invest in a good map! BUT you still saw the blessings of the Lord in the situation! Praise Him for constantly causing us to grow and become more like Him!(:

christy said...

Yes Pam, God is always faithful in showing us Himself in all situations, all we must do is fix our eyes on Him and we see. Silly Canadians!

Auntie Debbie it was great to see you too! I loved hugging you and sitting with you at church. It meant a lot to me that you came on Saturday night to visit with me! Love you!