My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

autumn

I love fall time.
I adore the cruchy crunch noise that my shoes make as my feet trample the pavement.
I love the chilling breezes and moments of glaring sun that God reveals Himself in.
I love the changing colors and knowing that even though the branches are losing their leaves, their outward beauty, they will continue to live, even through winter's cold and harsh conditions. Why? They have their needs sufficiently provided for. They have all the nutrients necessary to live through a winter of cold without the covering of their beautiful leaves. Jesus is the nurtient we need. He replenishes our souls when we are dry and hungry. He quenches every thirst and when we trust Him, our roots are firmly planted deep into the waters of His river of life.
He is sufficient.
He is my beauty inside and out.
When life causes me to lose my leaves, I still have life, because Christ is in me!

Oh, how I adore autumn.
Time to bundle up with mittens, scarves and sweaters.
Time to lock arms with your love and wander down colorfully painted streets.
Smells of apple pie and spicy pumpkin waft through the breezy air.
I love it, I love it, I love it!
God is good!

4 comments:

Lor & Josh said...

Yay for fall and praise the Lord for His absolute sufficiency indeed.

Lor & Josh said...

PS....YAY for Erica Swazey. give her a big hi and a hug for me! :)looks like you're having fun with the BBC athletics dept.

Debbie said...

I am very happy! The world's best hugger is coming home on the weekend and I can't wait :)
Love you lots Christy!

kristin said...

It made me happy to see pictures of leaves! It's still warm and green here. :( I keep telling myself that I'll be happy in March. haha