My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

His word

Tonight I attended the HUNGRY prayer gathering in the chapel as part of our chorale requirements, but I found it to be much less of a duty and much more of a privilege.

Sitting in a chair, not sure where to begin as I entered into prayer, my heart opened up and I asked God to give me a word that would not necessarily prove (I already know His love, His promises, and that His word does not return void). In this instance I just wanted to know that all that's been in my heart, all that is transpiring and building up in my life, is of Him, is good and is going to continue getting better. I wanted to know that my heart's stand is where it needs to be....perhaps you could say I was looking for a little assurance.

After sharing my heart with our awesome Lord, Romans 8:28 popped into my head, and turning the pages in my Bible I came across a blessing of peace, promise, love and assurance. God is good and faithful all the time. I am privileged to daily fulfill my duties as a daughter of the King. "My heart is confident in You, O Lord!"

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." -Romans 8:28 NLT

1 comment:

God Is Love said...

Christy that is so amazing. I'm so glad to hear that God is just pouring truth upon truth, and blessing upon blessing in your life! He is so faithful. I'm really glad you're enjoying college. I miss you quite a bit and I'm so excited that you're coming home for a little while this weekend. It will be a good dose of medicine for this household. :o)

Love you!