My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

soccer games and solo singing

I love being joyful for the Lord.
Oh, how I love rejoicing in my King's goodness, faithfulness, love and pursuit.
I love finding God on the soccer field, in the solo tryouts, everywhere.
This afternoon I spent a large portion of my time playing 2 soccer games.
Lots of running. Hard work! tons of fun!
We won our first game 11-1 and lost the second 3-0 to the same team that beat us last last week 7-1.
Sandwiched between the games, was my lovely solo auditions for chorale.
I felt led to try-out for two of them, and while singing, I felt surrounded by the joy of the Lord. My mouth was formed in a huge smile....my Jesus was standing in the back of the room, smiling at me...His glory shining all around the room. I felt captivated, loved, adored and treasured. He was clapping for me, cheering and encouraging me. My voice rag free with love for the One my heart belongs to and longs for daily.
I left the room, smiling through and through not because of how my voice had sounded, but because I experienced my Jesus in a new way.
Though I'm not sure what God has planned just yet for me in Chorale,I know for sure He's allowed me the opportunity in this ministry for a great reason, and there's something BIG coming. He's going to stretch me and make me bold for Him! I just know it! God is so faithful!

Just hold on...my God will show up and He will take you through the fire again........

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the way you describe things like this! I'll always remember the time you broke out in song at youth and it was AMAZING! The Lord just gave you a whole song right then... you are such a joy Christy! You bring a bright light to the areas of life that get cloudy... I miss you!

christy said...

Oh, Auntie Debbie, how I miss you! Your words are encouraging! love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am very Proud of you. Sure do miss you Beautiful Voice, and seeing you touch that ball or fire it right toward the goal....Love You Daddy