My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Friday, March 30, 2007

a heart beat

My heart lately has been filled with this deep and raw emotion.
I am moved by people's stories daily.
My eyes are observant of the world around me.
I am stirred, thoughtfully provoked and spontaenous.

Reverand D. Naylor spoke at chapel this past Thursday and I absolutely enjoyed his message. His heart for sharing Christ with the Lord was radiant and His love for the Lord was contagious and refreshing.

He spoke of the lost and of reaching them in chapel using many great sermon illustrations and stories to get us on his thought level, and two things have really gripped my heart:

1) What will be my heartbeat today?

2) "The passion of God for the lost should drive us to our knees and keep us there."

I wonder and cringe thinking about the number of times I've allowed the numbness in my knees to take me to my feet. It is when I find myself on my feet that I suddenly lose focus on the work at hand and get caught up in doing, thinking, and saying things, rather than relying on the work to be done on my knees. I enjoy that this quote doesn't leave us with the impression that God's passion is for us to get on our knees and seek Him sometimes, or when we feel like it, or even to seek Him for a time and get up and come back to seek Him. The quote leaves us with the challenge to stay there. This is difficult because things come up. Life is a constant battle of inconveniences and decisions, but am I willing. Will God's passion for the lost, for His children, resound so deeply in my restored soul that I will be driven to my knees for the purpose of God's work and to see the lives of lost people changed? What will be my heartbeat today?

No comments: