My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Friday, March 23, 2007

me...adventurous???

As of lately, I feel a certain bounce in my step and joy in my walk.
I have discovered a desire within myself to be adventurous.
I know for all of you who know me, you're thinking,
"what! Christy adventurous? Right!"*laugh*laugh*

Well for starters, I have lost my compulsiveness to constantly be aware of time.
I am content in letting myself settle in at mealtimes to talk with friends.
I observe the things around me and find joy in what God has created.
I do not feel stressed about deadlines, schedules and the like.
A freedom reigns in my heart that is new and exciting.

Last night, on a whim I went rock-wall climbing in St.John with a group of fellow BBC students. I also attempted a tightrope for quite sometime until I managed to achieve getting myself hoisted onto it and taking 6 steps across. I was excited at my improvement throughout the night.

Two dear friends on campus: Jeremy and Zott had a mouse in their room and managed to, after a couple days, live trap it in their room last night. After class today Jeremy brought the mouse out to show me and set it free. I didn't panic and infact, it was a cute little mouse.

Today, I was working on homework outside because it was absolutely gorgeous and God blessed us with warm sunshine as 3 lovely ladies approached me and asked me to go for a walk with them to a cafe down town. (Now Dad, don't get too excited, I did not under any circumstances try coffee.) My friend Nicole treated us to mixed-berry smoothies and they were absolutely delicious.

Upon returning from my afternoon treat I spent time laughing with friends.
Just before supper my buddy Chris Sherrick asked me if I would like to ride on his bike with him. A bit nervous and apprehensive, my new found adventure and desire to try new things kicked in and I accepted. We went zipping down the highway and I had an absolute blast.

On my stroll with the Lord this evening I found my heart thankful for the little fears of man and technology that the Lord is squishing and exterminating within me. I no longer feel intimidated by silly tasks and adventures. I get nervous about them, yet I step forward in faith trusting that I am in fact invinsible until the Lord chooses to take me home and as long as the Lord keeps providing opportunities for me to experience new things, I should willingly take them.

So for all of those wondering what has gotten into me and perhaps making hypothesis as to why...this adventure has been stewing in me for awhile and over the last month or so I have seen moments of it burst forth. I love adventures and I am excited for all the new ones to come. I'm thankful the Lord takes delight in our lives and gives us things to enjoy, muddle through and conquer throughout the day in His strength, for His glory. :)

No comments: