My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

heart desire

I've been reading several books this summer for PLC and one of the books on the lineup was Hannah Hurnard's book, Hind's Feet on High Places.

This book really made me think and this passage, spoke somewhat of a yearning desire in my own heart, something that's tugged at me through reading this writing in it's entirety:

"Set me as a seal upon thine heart
Thou Love more strong than death
That I may feel through every part
Thy burning, fiery breath.
And then like wax held in the flame,
May take the imprint of thy Name.
Set me a seal upon thine arm,
Thou Love that bursts the grave,
Thy coals of fire can never harm,
But only purge and save.
Thou jealous Love, thou burning Flame,
Oh, burn out all unlike thy Name.

The floods can never drown thy Love,
Not weaken thy desire.
The rains may deluge from above
But never quench thy fire.
Make soft my heart in thy strong flame,
To take the imprint of thy Name."

No comments: