My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

my 1st cavity

Two weeks ago I went to the dentist a clean toothed young woman. As I left I held an appointment card for today and the voice of Dr. Smith ringing in my head, "Yep, that #13, deep grooves, what a shame, we'll have to drill it."

Apparently I have "deep grooves" in my teeth (lucky me), and the dentist unfortunately discovered a cavity at my last cleaning that most people get when they're much younger. I was told that you either get it in that tooth or don't...apparently once something gets stuck there it's practically impossible to get it out...so I got a cavity. (neat!)

Bear in mind here I've never had any dental work done beyond brushing, flossing, and a number of years ago that gunky bubble gum flavored flouride...I was even spared having my wisdom teeth removed when they decided to disappear (Thank you Lord) when I went to the orthodontist.

When I arrived at the dentist early this morning I had a realization. The feat of some 19 years and 8 months cavity free fades away as you lie reclined in the leathery dentist chair. I wonder, who invented paste that makes your gums go numb? I feel bad for the people who tested the stuff. What a not nice feeling it is to have your mouth droop and 1/2 your throat go numb as the gunk drizzles down. Why does the needle they shove into your gums have to be so big? Is that necessary? Big needles are scary.

I once thought I liked the dentist - now I'm reconsidering. :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Christy when I read your blogs I can hear your voice if that makes any sense... and I always end up smiling! You are sooooo funny! I love you!