My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

future thoughts

I was reminded the other day through the writing of a good friend of something very important - We can choose to live Christ's adventure every day - but we only have one life with which to do so.

I've been tossing ideas around in my mind and thoughts lately concerning school and the future - but after a short while, my brain grows tired of trying to think and reason and make sense of the uncertain, the unknown. There's a lot of outside pressure from people to 'know' what's next - to have a plan - a career path set up and established, but I don't want that. My heart longs for adventure.

Sure I understand the importance of finishing school and though sometimes I want nothing more than dropping everything and moving to an impoverished country to live amongst the lowly to love them like Jesus, I feel the weight of my responsiblity in finishing my education. However, some people are keen on going to school their entire lives and expectations have been placed on the table about Master's degrees and doctorates and PhDs.

What do titles matter? If God should call me to furthered education I want to be available to that and prepared to tackle the challenge, but even more so, if His plans say 'no' and lead me another way I want to be content in walking away from comfort and security. I want to be okay not knowing waht's next.

No comments: