My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sussex in the summer

I went for a short walk this evening after our re-group festivities wrapped up.
It was an enjoyable time.
The air was thick with the all too familiar fragrance of cow.
Several houses on the main road have been dressed up with new siding, pretty flowers and such.
One house was even turned in a completely different direction - right off its foundation.
One of my favorite observations was that of a man in his 50s with a sweet pair of edging scissors. He was plucking a large amount of leaves off a tree in his yard that eventually took the shape of a mushroom.
Everything looks a little different with brilliant green leaves and flowers in full bloom. What am amazing example of His creation. Sometimes I wonder why - if summer is so full of life that in the winter time everything looks so dead. Then I remember the concept of seasons and how just like summer is brilliantly alive and winter is seemingly dead, cold, and biting - it can easily represent our lives. Some seasons are brilliant, exciting, alive and fresh - they might even be appealing to our senses, yet others are frustrating and seem to pass so slowly. I'm convinced however that if we look close enough we can see beauty in all seasons - regardless of its "look".
All the pathways in Sussex were clad with great greenery and the smell of lilacs lingered in the air. I have an appreciation for nature. It is truly remarkable. God's creation...WOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your blog. I definitely felt the same way last year when I went back to Sussex for re-group. Everything was lush, green and vibrant. I have been truly blessed being at home on PEI for the summer and having the oppertunity to admire God's beautiful creation around me. It is not just pleasing to the eye but it is a sense of peace and serenity in your soul when you are able to just take in God's creation. It is a humbling experience.
Sarah