My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

adjusting

Camp is finished.
Counselors have gone home.
Kiddos are in school.
Hephzibah seems rather quiet.
It's a season of adjusting - from GO GO GO to...go go going in a different kind of way.

Sometimes its lonely.
Sometimes its empty.
Sometimes I'm curious of the purpose...
Then I'm reminded of God's great love.
His favor.
His plans.
His purposes.
His intentions.
His promises.
His faithfulness.

Regardless of how it may SEEM...I must remember I NEVER walk alone.
Sure I get bumps, scratches, bruises, and sometimes pulled muscles along the way...but He is always right beside me. He carries me, breathes life into me, supports me, and ultimately...how He loves me so.

In spite of all the craziness about me...the Love of the Lord endures.
I'm reminded of a verse from one of my favorite hymns...
"His oath, His covenant, His blood, support me in the whelming flood - When all around my soul gives way...He then is all my hope and stay."

My heart is open...my life is His.
What is to come? I have no idea...but I'll try my best to rest.
I will wait upon the Lord and trust - just as His word promises...Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord (Isaiah 40:28-31).

No comments: