My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

packing

Here I sit...as I always do before a trip (or move) - contemplating the task of packing. One of my greatest weaknesses is preparing to pack. I get anxious - excited even or nervous before going on trips or moving to a new place - and therefore, I sort've shut down - I become this slow moving, packer...semi-unmotivated, and a little intimidated. Most times I end up sleeping very little - for whatever reason I have a hard time getting myself to rest, let alone to actually pack before going on trips. On occasion it frustrates me and I "hate" packing. Sometimes it annoys me and I "don't feel like packing" and other times I'm so excited "I don't even want to think about packing" -- but pack I must. (darn!)

I find it fun how the Lord confronts us in our weakness. I know for me - it's pretty comical how MUCH I've had to pack over the last 3 weeks...and if we look at the bigger picture, the last 3 years. For someone who goes a lot of places, fairly often, you'd think I'd have this whole packing thing down to a science, right? Nah. I said it was a weakness remember! I stink at packing. (really) Until of course I get in the groove of things - then I'm a 10 minute packer (extremely efficient)!!!! (IMAGINE!!) My biggest problem is the hours it takes to get me to the point in time where I actually take those 10 minutes and get the job done. What a chore it is sometimes!

I sense the Lord is preparing me, even now - for a life of packing, moving, shifting, changing, and all the while resting in Him. I've recently felt like every time I get "settled in" He uproots me again. I've moved three times so far in my less than three months of internship - and each time has been an adventure. I suppose there's nothing better - and I could not ask for more than a life of security that lays only in the moving of the Spirit - to and from - here and there - near and far. Truly my soul's been anchored in the Lord...not a room, nor a house, nor a town, nor a job, or resting place...only Him - and honestly, that's enough.

"What do I have if I don't have You Jesus...what in this life could mean anymore? You are my Rock, You are my Glory, You are the Lifter of my head..."

1 comment:

Zach said...

Moving 3 times huh? Why's that? Is it to relocate where you're working, or simply where you're living? I've done my share of packing during this internship, that's for sure. But it was well worth it all since God allowed me to have so many great experiences in so many parts of Haiti!