My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, June 12, 2006

A season of accomplishment...

hooray for grandparents
marching in...can you see the joy on my face! praise the Lord!
attempt at looking nice for class night
counting down the days until graduation and anxiously awaiting scholarships
my sash....decorated with an NHS pin, embroidery and I recieved a yellow honors cord!
Well..I'm finally done.
I couldn't have asked the Lord for a better day.
The only way my day could've gotten any better would've been to have Chris here with me to celebrate.
I'm thankful for family.
I am free.
There are no more casual excuses of why I can't go here, or do this.
I'm ready to do the Lord's work and nothing is holding me back!
I'm ready!
I'm excited!
I'm a little frightened, and unsure..
but there's peace...
and hope...
and I am trusting in the Lord...
He's my security!
Good bye Caribou High School!
Goodbye useless AP Bio tests!
Goodbye Physics.
Dirty hallways...
late bells...
tardy slips...
rubber burgers!
It was a joyful blessing for me to celebrate the accomplishment of graduating from highschool with some of the people I love most in this world. It was a privilege to be in company with the Lavaways and to spend an entire day with my aunts, uncles and grandparents. It was a joy to have a best friend spend part of her birthday honoring my accomplishment, showing unselfish love and encouragement during this season of my life. It was a joy to see the smiling faces of my dear brothers and sisters in Christ cheering for me as I recieved my diploma and marched by! God is so good!

Here am I...send me!

"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God."
Acts 20:24 NASB

3 comments:

Debbie said...

So proud of you and sooooo EXCITED for you! Can't wait to see all God has lined up for you!

christy said...

Thank you auntie debbie! :) That means a lot!

Brown-eyed Girl said...

Wow ...I am proud of you Christy! I think being the silly geek you are you will miss the AP Bio tests...am I wrong??? Love , Mom