My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

a tribute to life

Sometimes in life we grow up too fast and forget about being a child at heart.

Author Max Lucado wrote,
"Couldn’t we learn to be children again? Bring out the marbles -(so what if the shoe gets scuffed?). Bring out the bat and glove - (so what if the muscles ache?). Bring out the taffy - (so what if it sticks to your teeth?).

Be a child again. Flirt. Giggle. Dip your cookie in your milk. Take a nap. Say you’re sorry if you hurt someone. Chase a butterfly. Be a child again.

Loosen up. Don’t you have some people to hug, rocks to skip, or lips to kiss? Someone needs to laugh at Bugs Bunny; might as well be you. Someday you’re going to learn to paint, might as well be now. Someday you’re going to retire, why not today?

Not retire from your job, just retire from your attitude. Honestly, has complaining ever made the day better? Has grumbling ever paid the bills? Has worrying about tomorrow ever paid the bills? Has worrying about tomorrow ever changed it?

Let someone else run the world for awhile.

Jesus took time for a party...shouldn’t we?"

Honoring a man dear to my heart and the hearts of many others, Murle Masters as we celebrated his life today and his childlike spirit and passion for people. Christ lived in him. I bet he'd jump at the chance to chase a butterfly and I'm sure at the men's prayer summit he and chris skipped rocks a time or two, he probably delighted in the chance to kiss his beloved wife and realized that worrying never changes tomorrow. He probably always dunked his cookies in milk...

The lessons and encouragement I've recieved from Murle over the past few years will last a lifetime and I praise the Lord for the opportunity to have such a beloved couple in my life, both Murle and Carla. God is faithful! I am filled with a joyous laughter remembering all the times behind the sound booth and with appreciation for all how Murle always pointed Chris and I towards Christ.


Take a walk with a dear friend today.
Soak up the sunshine.
Share Jesus with a stranger.
Hug your siblings.
Tell the person you care deeply about, you love them.
Seek opportunities for fellowship.
Skip down the sidewalk.
Jump in a mud puddle.
Dance like a little girl in a flowery field!
Be free beloved, be free!

1 comment:

Brown-eyed Girl said...

Oh how faithful our God is. He has turned a tragedy into something for all of us to glean from. Murle's death was not in vain and he will touch our hearts until we see him again. What a glorious reunion we shall have..Praise God!