My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Friday, June 23, 2006

swing, swing, swing


Naps are wonderful.

Quiet time is a blessing.

Swinging is uplifting, adventurous and innocently sweet.

Sing! Laugh! Run barefoot in the summer grass!

Wear a sundress and go spinning in the tall grass of a flowery field.

Giggle! Chuckle! Squeal with delight!

Go swinging with your Daddy...let Him breathe on your his delightful promises.


Feel the wind pass by your face.

Feel your chin raise towards the brilliant sun.

Smile.

May your feet be loosed to dance.

Your tongue to sing.

Go swinging and be free. . .forget about worries, schedules and disappointments.

Watch the sunset.

Reflect on the good Word.

Just be.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love swings.

The sunset last night was simply breathtaking.

Lor & Josh said...

in case you don't visit my blog soon to get this reply:

Christy,

You are a beautiful sister in Christ. If you only knew what refreshing your words spoke to me today. YOUR faith in Christ inspires me too, your absolute confidence in Him makes women scores older than you stand in awe of God. Thank you for bringing words of life to my heart today and reminding me of Graham's words again. Just thinking of you bring Christ to mind. That's a beautiful thing. Love you too; see ya soon.

You have the GIFT of Joy. I have never met someone who so wonderfully exemplifies that fruit of the Spirit like you. Truly it is God within you that brings you such joy and inspires all who know you, talk to you, and read your blog to walk in the same joy of Jesus.

THANKS FOR JUST BEING, CHRISTY!

Brown-eyed Girl said...

Christy...that is a beautiful psalm....it makes you want to be in that place and time...amazing...love ya!! mom