My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

bologna & cheese

(just thought I'd allow the title to be as random as this post...I intended to type the first random thought to pop in my head but that was tuna & pickles, so I went with the 2nd thought. This time of year gets to unnecessarily busy.)

1. 4 more work days until vacation with my dear family

2. yeeh for vacation!!

3. 1 night's rest until I see my heart doctor for a final eval.


4. I've been blessed for the chance to walk beside a woman of Christ and to be poured into by the grace of God with words of encouragement, to be taught, challenged and befriended. God knew what He was doing when He allowed the opportunity for Chris and I to pursue pre-engagement counseling with Luke & Kristin. It has been such a joy to meet with Kristin this summer. Thank you Lord for Your willingness to speak to me through the hearts of others.

5. Two dear sisters in Christ are back from summer missions trips serving Christ and have blessed me with snippet stories of their adventures with our awesome Jesus.

6. 8 days until my dear auntie debbie and counsin kyrstin head to Guatemala

7. My room is being moved...for the first time in my life I have to part with things. Of course they are just " things ". May the Lord open opportunties to give away and use these things that have taken port in cardboard boxes at the back of my closet for years and may adventures and memories come to life as the unknown of my childhood days is unlocked and explored. Hooray for moving. Hooray for change.

8. I have no wisdom teeth anymore, I'm thinkin' that's pretty awesome!

9. Ever see someone you know really well at a place you have never seen them before and wonder if it's really them? Hooray for funny moments of uncertainty!


10. I have a bruise on my funny bone. OUCHers! No hooray for softball insta-bruises.

11. I will prioritize, plan and organize. I will I will!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Cute post! Paying special attention of course to # 7...I can smell eBay treasures in that room :). I would have gone with tuna and pickles but changed pickles to onions! Tuna is great! Adding #12 Christy is a great girl who God has great plans for... she's fun, insightful, and a great joy to be around!

Rachelle said...

I heard about your switching of rooms! I think it's a really cool idea, actually. Of course, it will be tough. Yes, they are just "things" but we, as humans, get overly attached to little things that really don't mean much in the big picture.
I pray that you will deal well with the change. It's one thing that I've been having to deal with lately.

Love you, Christy!
And congratulations on being done @ jr. high youth!