My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Camping at Katahdin











My family went camping at Baxter State Park this past weekend in Millinocket, ME. We went hiking, got stuck in a thunderstorm, ate lots of yummy food, kayaked and laughed. God's mysterious creations are incredible. We also met and gave a lift to three hikers who had just finished their long journey of the Appalanchain Trail. I kid you not folks. These three brave souls have been hiking across the entire Appalanchain Trail for the past 4 months. All were from diverse places, met along the way, separated, and managed to finish together. It was incredible to speak with them and hear their stories. One was a student, one a college grad and another a grandfather, anxiously awaiting the reunion with his wife and grandkids. They may or may not have been pulling our legs about this accomplishment....because we've only ever read of such things in books...but they were certainly smelly enough to be dubbed with the accomplishment, loaded with enough gear, and for the two guys, unshaven enough...so we believed them...they were most likely telling the truth. It was a very neat experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camping was a blast!! Next year it will be the whole family including Josh and Chris L. Yeah!! Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

I Love you girls, the time there was great. It was fun, I like that we all had fun, and were able to start catching up, I enjoy you our talks. Just remember to not drive to crazy////Love Daddy